- The business administrator submits the completed position/appointment forms and copy of resignation to Barbara Beeuwsaert.
*Forms to change existing Positions/Appointments must be pre-printed from myHR.
- The Business Administrator arranges to discontinue any access to building, computer, servers, phone, voicemail, etc.
- Review HR Employment Termination Checklist.
Resolving Vacation/Personal Floating Holiday (PFH) Balances
- Exempt Staff completes the leave accrual usage online (available in Kronos) The supervisor approves amount prior to termination.
- When Payroll receives the termination form of an exempt employee, it processes a payment for any Vacation/Personal Floating Holiday (PFH) balances if the employee’s final timecard has been approved by his/her manager in Kronos.
Vacation Payouts for Grant-Funded Employees / sponsored projects (funds 6xx, 191, 192,193). The new central Grant Benefit Pool will incur the costs of vacation, PFH, and sick pool payouts which otherwise would have been charged to a sponsored account.
Salary Continuation (severance pay) for a full or partial grant-funded employee will see the proportion of grant funding redirected to the Grant Benefit Pool instead.
- Non-sponsored accounts are still responsible for any portion of payout or severance that would otherwise be charged to those accounts (proportional to the employee’s position funding distribution)
– First week vacation is charged to the HR Benefits Pool
– Remainder of vacation hours and all PFH hours are charged to the non‐sponsored accounts, according to the current funding distribution
- All processes happen automatically, with no intervention from the department required
Pease refer to the Complete Town Hall Presentation for more detail