Skip to main content

Temporary Jobs for OR Offices (Units)

In an effort to improve accuracy and turnaround time when onboarding temporary employees, the Office of Human Resources have streamlined the process for submitting requests to have Student and Non-Student temporary employees hired in myHR.

Student Temps

  • Submit requests by email to Barbara Beeuwsaert
  • Requests should include a Personal Data Form, Federal & State W-4s, and a Direct Deposit Form
  • Requests will be managed by HR Operations team
  • For Student Work Study: It is the student’s responsibility to return the completed Federal Work-Study Authorization Form to the Work-Study Office. The form must be completed by the student’s employer and returned to the Work-Study Office in order to be authorized.
    For more information on Work-Study employment opportunities, please visit the Work-Study Program website.

    Student Temps (not Student Work Study) paid from account 60120.
    Student Work Study paid from account 60122.

Non-Student Direct Temps (temporary employees who are sourced and recruited by the department)


Non-Student Sourced Temps (temporary employees who are sourced and recruited with the support of the Temporary Staffing Center)

Northwestern Human Resources’ Temporary Staffing Center can supply temporary staffing coverage for vacations, leave of absences, temp to hires, special projects, seasonal peaks, and unexpected business demands. Core services include recruiting, interviewing, and assigning individuals in temporary administrative and financial support positions.


Foreign Nationals

Refer to the Foreign National web page for information on paperwork that must be completed for foreign nationals who receive payroll payments from Northwestern. Complete this form to request access to FNIS.